Old 05-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Bill R

Default Clematis

wayneandmary wrote:
I just planted a clematis this spring. It was looking terrible, only about
6 inches tall, and so I pinched it way back and now it is coming back okay,
probably a foot and a half long and two rungs up on the trellis. My
question is, will I have any blooms this year, doesn't look good so far, and
how big can I expect it to get next year? I am in Cold Zone 3, my sister
has an old beautiful one at her house, it was there before she moved in, so
she doesn't know how long it takes to establish.

Anyone out there help me?

thanks

It likely won't bloom this year but you should see blooms
next season. As far how large it will grow next year, that
depends on several things - the weather, the variety, where
it is planted. You need to do some research on the variety
you planted, especially pertaining to pruning. One good
site to visit (and the are MANY more on the net) is
http://www.homeofclematis.net/

Do a google search,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search
and you will find all the information you need to keep your
clematis healthy for many years. I have two that are over
20 years old (pictures of them are on my web site).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit