Old 02-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Stephen Howard

Default WAsps, wasps and more wasps

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:10:43 +0100, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:

In article , David W.E. Roberts
wrote:

Control is by destroying wasps nests.

I've been following a discussion about this on a beekeeping network (I
have a hive at the end of my Brixton garden. Wasps predate on bees).

Indeed they do.
I had a small colony of bees above my back door. These were a third
smaller than honey bees - and I was quite content to leave them
be...and then a few days later I spotted wasps coming out of the hive
entrance. No more bees.

I dosed them up with Nippon, and barely an hour later everything was
quiet.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk