Old 02-08-2004, 05:45 AM
sherwindu

Default fruit trees

Hi Sue,
If you want clean looking fruit and healthy trees, you will have to do
periodic spraying with fungicides and insecticides. Generally, the
'Orchard
Sprays' sold at your garden stores will handle most problems. You also
should do a dormant oil spray in early spring. Young trees may not need
a lot of fertilizer, but as they mature, you should either give them a
slow
release fertilizer in Fall, after they go dormant, or something in the
Spring.
I suggest you scan the web for information on 'caring for fruit trees',
and
you should find more details.

Sherwin Dubren

cameraman wrote:

I planted an orchard this spring with bare root stock. I know nothing
about growning fruit, I just like to pick and eat it. What do I need
to do for the trees and when?

I did prune them back as I planted them and have seen to it that they
have plenty of water.

Now what?

Thanks,
The inexperienced grower