Old 05-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Rick

Default New House - want to plant new lawn using seeds

Steveo wrote in message ...
GFRfan wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"Gable" wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message

Over the past month, the entire yard is full of weed.

Oh man, you've got it made. Have a toke for me.

Cash crop is a good thing for a new home owner. g

As long as Gable is the major marajahoochie identifier for the DEA.

Martha S can keep track of the books for you. "it's a good thing"

Thanks for the help and the jokes.

By the way, it isn't full sun. I have many Oak trees on the property.
The weeds sprung from the black dirt after excavation. We demolished
the house that originally stood there, and it was on a slab, so we had
alot of extra dirt.
The dirt isn't totally leveled yet, and so I have to wait for them to
do that.
The front and back yard total about half an acre.
Using this info, is there a better way to attack it?

Would it do me any good to just put big pieces of plastic over the
whole yard to kill the weeds, and then start planting??

Will Round UP effect the grass seeds I will be planting ?