Old 02-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Dahlia disaster!

"Bill R" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

The rolls of fence wire come in 4', 5' and 6' heights. I use 5' for
tomatoes. I haven't grown big dahlias in years, so I don't recall how

huge
they get.

Dahlias can get quite tall. I have quite a few that are
over six foot (they are the "dinner plate" varieties) and
they are still growing. They usually have blooms that are
in the 7 to 10 inch range and are really beautiful. Some of
mine are visible from the street and people that see them
often ask "are they real?" because they have never seen such
large flowers before.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

This goes on the list for next spring, then. I like flowers that amaze or
frighten. Closing on a new house next week, and I'm going to plant EVERY
damned thing.