Old 02-08-2004, 04:33 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Default OASE Aquamax Stepped Hose Adaptor Question

RichToyBox,

You might be right because once is through the nipple
it would fill the entire tubing, but the water would
still be affected by the hydrodynamics of the nipple
which might affect it in the long run.

Personally, I would just cut it off and if later I
needed the reduction I would add a reducer to the output.

Tom L.L.

RichToyBox wrote:

Tom,

The reducing nipple is only a few inches long. It allows connection of each
of the sizes of tubing. Due to its short length, I don't think it will have
much effect. If he were to try to pump all that water a long way through
the 3/4 inch, then it would affect the flow.