Old 02-08-2004, 08:19 PM
how

Default pond lighting 101

"k conover" wrote in message
Yes, I'm just full of question today!
For those of you that use pond lighting, I'm wondering if you

preferred
the "look" of underwater lights or out of water lights.
I just want to illuminate my little fountain of water in the middle of

my
5 x 8 pond, and don't want to bother my fish.
snip

Hi,
Personally I don't like lights that shine in your eyes when looking in the
pond. IOW hide the lights underwater and aim them away from viewing angles.
If you can see the lens it is wrong. The effect is the whole pond 'glows'
instead of obvious lights. The fish would probably like having a dark period
at some point but have seen ponds lit 24/7.
There are other opinions,
-_- how
no NEWS is good