Old 05-08-2004, 10:10 PM
SG1

Default When is best time to spray lawns for clover?

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"SG1" wrote:

It took me 7 years to completely eradicate clover from a place I

previously
lived in. Spraying with Clover & Bindi killer for about 5 years then

pulling
out the odd one that came up after that. It is a lifelong obsession (or
profession) getting on top of the old clover burr.

Are we talking about clover, the nitrogen-fixing legume, or some other

plant?
Sounds like you are talking about two different plants.

The only good reason I can think of to remove clover is to have less bees

on
the lawn when you have barefoot people around. If you sprinkle clover
liberally with sulphate of ammonia it will die of nitrogen poisoning.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

The local variety flowers and the seed pod is a burr. It is a nitrogen
fixing legume, can see the nodules when pulled out. The burr is the only
reason to kill it. The non-burr clover looks and feels the same except the
seed pod.
Jim