Old 05-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Roz Lacey

Default Help: Bamboo advice

We have a large clump of bamboo - very tall and not a fancy variety. When
we moved in, we could see it had a concrete surround beneath the soil which
was restricting the roots. However, it has now gone rampant and
clumps/shoots, are popping up in various places well outside of this,
including the lawn. What can we do to regain control ? Any advice on weed
killer or natural remedy. Any advice on uses of the bamboo, apart from
runner bean poles. It would be sad not to make some use of this
overabundant resource. Are there any country crafts people who can offer
suggestions ? I assume it has to be thoroughly dried out before use ?
Apart from putting a bomb under it, I don't know what to do.
Please, please advise.