Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Dr.

Default Tomato varieties.

"Laura J" wrote in message
news:EVMPc.1267$rM6.955@trndny03...

"Dr." wrote in message

I think Sweet Millions is a good variety. I haven't had Sweet 100,

though
they're supposed to taste about the same. Millions is supposed to have
better disease resistance and more resistance to cracking than the 100.

don't have much problem with cracking on my Millions planted in the

ground.
I put one in a container last year and had cracking on that plant

though.

I tried a Sweet Millions for the first time this year, in a large

container.
I don't have any cracking but the leaves are beginning to turn yellow. I
don't know much about tomato disease--could it be some kind of blight?
There is plenty of fruit and it tastes great. I planted tomatoes in the
same container the past two years and only mixed in some compost this year
so I imagine it's time to completely wash it out and replace the soil for
next year.

Here's a picture of the plant though I'm a little embarrassed to post it
because they look so sad!
http://tinyurl.com/4xvcy

LauraJ

I had the same problem with the yellow leaves on my Sweet Million that I
potted last year. As far as what actually causes it... I really don't know.
Last year I also had one in the ground, and it did incredible, as is the one
I planted in the ground this year. as of now, it's a little over 6'.

I've pretty much given up on potted tomato plants. I even had some kind of
'patio' tomato variety last year, that didn't fare well either. Foliage was
thin, and yellowed. Fruit were sunscalded, and had a couple instances of
blossom-end rot. The only thing I can think of would be improper watering,
in my case.

Your Sweet Million is doing considerably better than the one I potted last
year.

Gary