Old 03-08-2004, 12:36 AM
how

Default Will I need a pump, filter, UV?

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On 30 Jul 2004 12:12:45 -0700, (Sally Jacks) wrote:

I'd like to know if I will need the whole
shebang: pump, filter, UV light, for what will essentially be a
reflecting pool.

You're looking in the wrong books, check at pool stores, as what you want
is what they do to swimming pools to keep them clean, add chlorine. ~ jan
snip

Hi,
I've seen UVs used in this type situation, apropos IMO. This would require a
pump and Jan's suggestion could be done without using a pump. The problem I
see is how is the liner going to be attached? Normally it would be folded
over the top edge and the brick placed over it. Consider gluing it or using
a strip of metal screw it to the walls. This would be visible of course.
Another way would be to finish digging the hole and pour a concrete bottom
and then using a cementaceous product like 'Thoroseal' coat the entire
basin.
It can be colored if wanted. Winter could bring problems with the concrete
bottom, you'll need to wait for an answer on that. Don't do frost
personally.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good