Old 06-08-2004, 12:05 AM
RichToyBox

Default How Do I Catch Babies?

I have to wait until they are about 3 years old for them to get large enough
and slow enough for me to catch. The large fish won't bother them now. The
adults will eat the eggs and the newly hatched before they are free
swimming, but generally leave them alone once free swimming. Of course the
siblings will canabalize each other, but only the ones less than 1/2 inch.

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html
"laskdfpoiwq" wrote in message
The koi in my 3 yr old pond have spawned! Woo Hoo! Didn't even know it
until I saw a 1 1/2 inch fish swimming amongst my much larger koi.

Turns out there are at least 4 that have made it past the big guys and
gotten large enough to swim more or less freely.

I want to put them in their own pond so they can grow up without

harrassment
(or ingestion) by the big guys and gals. The wife even came up with the
second pond idea. I guess I have her hooked now.

Any ideas on how to catch these little guys out of a heavily planted 2500
gallon pond? Are there "fish traps" out there that anyone has had success
with?

Either post to here, or drop me a note at (remove the "spam")