Old 06-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Joi

Default Flower ID please

Hi,

We have a couple of kinds of flowering plants in our garden that we can't
identify and we are curious about what they might be. I have pictures he
http://bgardening.blogspot.com/

With the first (labeled on the above page as plant #1) the height varies
from 2-3ish feet, the leaves are long, thin, and spiky, the red flowers grow
close to the stem of the plant.

Plants 2 & 3 get to be about 4 feet high with pink flowers that have 4
petals. The leaves on one are broad and ruffled, on the other they are long
and skinny. The flowers on both are the same so I assume they are the same
kind of plant and perhaps the leaf differences are from water or soil
differences?

Plants like 2 & 3 have been growing in our backyard for a couple of years
now and are showing up all over the place, #1 is new as of this year and
might have been from one of two Mackenzie Seeds flower mix seed packets I
planted around the garden, though the plant isn't pictured on the packets.

I'm in Canada, near lake Ontario.