Old 03-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Default How to winter over plants?

"WilsonKKW" wrote in message
I have Hyancth(sp?)parrot feather, water lily.,lily pads.How do they

winter
over? I was told the hyancth will die off,I was wondering if I can bring

them
indoors and let them live in a bucket of water?
Kathy

Hi Kathy
I would think it fine for them to survive in a bucket of water, no worries.
Would it not just be cheaper and easier to let them pass away and buy/swop
new plants in the springtime?
If you wanted to you could also add a small desk lamp over the bucket, this
will keep them 'barely' alive until spring. Possibly doing small water
changes weekly with old water from the pond, just to keep the nutrients up.
Good luck.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**