Old 03-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Wil

Default Rejuvenating Coreopsis

"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
One of my favorite plants in the garden this year is my Limerock Ruby
coreopsis. It has lovely red flowers with reddish-orange centers that
bloom in abundence. The only thing is that as the season progressed,
it went from a nice bush form into a straggily, unkempt mess. The
crown is an unsightly tangle of bare, brown stems. The stems lead to
nice, feathery foliage and plenty of flowers, but the crown is
downright ugly. (See a photo at
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/z/coreopsis.html ) How can I rejuvenate
this plant to get it back into an attractive bush again?

Thanks.

-F

From the grower and marketer of your perennial, Blooms of Bressingham, this
is what they say. Note the bottom line, They recommend a light cut back to
promote more bloom.

http://www.gulleygreenhouse.com/bloo...cfm?PlantID=30
Recomended: Bright ruby-red daisy flowers with yellow centers on mounded,
self-supporting plants. Flowers all summer and early fall. Great for the
front of borders, anywhere a "hot" color accent is required; excelent for
patio containers.
Height: Flowers rise 12 Width: 30 - 36
Sun: Full sun.
Soil Moistu Requires well-drained soil.
Hardiness: USDA Hardiness Zone 4-9.
Cultu Tender perennial. A light cutback after flowering promotes
re-flowering into early fall and also helps promote basal branching.

Wil