Old 31-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Zemedelec

Default Apple Tree--Invaders or Just the Wind/Rain?

Think squirrels! They like to do that type of thing, which might also
explain the apples with missing stems or leaves attached to some of the
fallen apples where they've nipped them from the tree.

Sounds like what they did to my peach tree. I'd pick a peach off the grass
that looked perfectly sound, only to find a little hole gnawed in it. I
thought it was worms or borers, etc., but I do have a lot of the furry-tailed
monsters. If it weren't illegal in city limits, they would now be squirrel
cutlets. As it is, poking them through the screened porch screen with a wooden
skewed is a good deterrent, and sharpens my stalking skills.

zemedelec