Old 01-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Vox Humana

Default Stella Dora Plants

"Bill Smith" wrote in message
om...
I know what a daylily is. What I am referring to is the smaller
version of the same type of plant. It is supposed to bloom all
summer. It looks very much like the larger daylily. I know the
larger one only blooms for a couple of weeks and dies off. Actually
any version of this plant is very easy to transplant. Very hardy.

If you are talking about this plant, it IS a daylily:
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2653/

It is a re-blooming variety. The hype says that it blooms all summer. I
suppose it does is some yard somewhere. It is used by the tens of thousands
in landscapes here in SW Ohio. It blooms heavily for about three week with
a few flower before and following the primary bloom. That extend the three
weeks to four or five. It rests for about three weeks and then you will see
sporadic flowers for the rest of the summer. If you deadhead, the
re-blooming will be a little heavier. Daylilies tend to decline after they
bloom and this one in no exception. You simply can't believe everything
printed on nursery labels. I saw a tag on Oenothera fruticosa today that
said it boomed all summer - and it doesn't.

You can see a small sample of the ones that I have in the link below.
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=471
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=422
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=425