Old 01-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Vox Humana

Default Removing ferns and recovering space

"Ravi" wrote in message
om...
A composite reply. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I don't think that's quite the case here. The ferns are planted close
to fences, the fronds reach over into the neighboring properties, and
the roots are undoubtedly crossing into the other yards, as well.

Is the neighbor complaining?

It
is a small backyard and I was hoping to plant other trees in the place
of the ferns or use the space for planters and/or planterboxes.

Don't you suppose that the tree roots will also cross into the neighor's
yard?

When
I water these plants that are so close to the fenceline, the runoff
finds its way through gaps in the fence to the adjacent property.

Do they need that much water? Don't you suppose that when you plant trees
and water them that the runoff will go into the neighbor's yard?