Old 01-08-2004, 01:54 AM
RichToyBox

Default Help Construction=Dirty water!

Some on here use filters with quilt batting, which is pretty effective at
removing fine debris. It can be gotten at WallyWorld. It will clog fairly
quickly and is not easy to clean, but it is that easy to clog, that makes it
work. I think it is fairly cheap. Maybe one of them will jump in with the
details.
--
RichToyBox
"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Our pond has been reasonably clear until this week when construction

started
up on the hill behind us. Anyone have and suggestions? OR are we out of

luck
until construction is over (in about 4 years!)? The pond tries to clear up
at night, we are able to see the fish at least by the morning but once
construction starts up the water is so bad you can't see the fish unless
they are really close to the surface. GRRRR I hate progress! If anyone can
suggest how we can get it at least a little bit clearer I would be forever
grateful.
Thanks!
btw. We have an activated charcoal filter....we rinse the filter (3 bags

of
charcoal) only once a season (we use a different pump/filter for winter)
would cleaning the filter help? Are we suppose to replace the charcoal

after
a period of time or is rinsing it all we need to do? This is an inherited
pond so we are learning how to care for it.