Old 31-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Dave Poole

Default Weather - or the lack of it

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:39:25 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

This is very dull weather just now - neither one
thing nor the other!

Its quite odd and I see this every day. I live on the 'Sunshine
Strip' - a mile wide belt edging the bay. I call it this because if
you drive inland onto one of the many hills surrounding Torquay and
look north, east or west, you see heavy, dark cloud. Look seawards
and the 'strip' is bathed in sunshine more often than not.

Every day, I drive 15 or so miles to work (about 3 miles from Sacha &
Ray) and the change in weather is remarkable. It is as though there is
an invisible barrier holding back a bank of cloud. That said, if it
is any consolation, apparently it was also pretty dull and airless
for much of yesterday over here . Not so today - very warm and sunny
with not a cloud in sight. I'm tempted to do the 'grockle' thing and
go to the beach at the end of the road. To hell with weeds and
watering!

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.