Old 03-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Vox Humana

Default transplanting Tiger Lilies

"Ben Tuinman" wrote in message
. ..
Our neighbour gave us some Tiger Lilies plants. She put them in a

container
and covered them with soil. How do I plant these ? I mean, do I plant them
the way they came out of her garden, foliage all in tact? Or do I plant

them
and cut them back ? . Or is it perhaps better to wait till Fall and plant
the tubers ? Also, do these lilies have to be planted in full sunshine, or
do they tolerate shade. We are in S.Ontario, and it is very warm here now.

don't like to waste these attractive plants. Thanks ! Ben.

Plant them now. They like full sun to part sun. They will survive shade,
but they don't bloom well in shade. Just to make it easier, I would cut
them back to about 4 inches before planting. You can plant them as-is but
they will look messy for the rest of the season.