Old 03-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Laura J

Default Tomato varieties.

"Dr." wrote in message

I think Sweet Millions is a good variety. I haven't had Sweet 100, though
they're supposed to taste about the same. Millions is supposed to have
better disease resistance and more resistance to cracking than the 100. I
don't have much problem with cracking on my Millions planted in the

ground.
I put one in a container last year and had cracking on that plant though.

I tried a Sweet Millions for the first time this year, in a large container.
I don't have any cracking but the leaves are beginning to turn yellow. I
don't know much about tomato disease--could it be some kind of blight?
There is plenty of fruit and it tastes great. I planted tomatoes in the
same container the past two years and only mixed in some compost this year
so I imagine it's time to completely wash it out and replace the soil for
next year.

Here's a picture of the plant though I'm a little embarrassed to post it
because they look so sad!
http://tinyurl.com/4xvcy

LauraJ