Old 01-08-2004, 03:21 AM
RichToyBox

Default OASE Aquamax Stepped Hose Adaptor Question

Yes and no. The short distance really doesn't have much effect on head
pressure. Head pressure caused by piping is usually expressed as X feet of
head per hundred feet of pipe, so if the head pressure was 100 per hundred
feet, which is a very large flow through a small pipe, it would translate to
almost nothing in 6 or 8 inches. I don't think it would hurt to cut off the
unused part of the tail.
--
RichToyBox
"JB" wrote in message
news
I recently purchased an Oase Aquamax 3700 to use in my new pond. It has a
"stepped hose" adaptor which allows the attachment of 3/4", 1", 1-1/4"
and/or 1-1/2" tubing. Here's my question: I plan on using 1-1/2" inch

tubing
to run from the pump to my falls/filter. Can I trim off the other smaller
sized adaptors without causing any problems. Or, I guess a better way to

put
my question: Will trimming them back improve my water flow?

TIA
John