Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Franz Heymann

Default WAsps, wasps and more wasps

wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:29:55 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

atwifa said "...just a general point (and likely a contentious one

at that):
but i've never come across a good reason for destroying wasps'

nests. it's
always seemed to me like killing all the lions on the plain.

they're
important predators, and you need to be somewhat witless to come to

any harm
around them......."

All I can say is
What a load of pretentious nonsense

If like me you are Hypersensitive to wasp stings or you are even

more
unlucky to be Allergic to the stings when just one sting can be

life
threatening, then you do all to remove any chance.
If you have a nest in your garden where there is no way of avoiding

it .or
of getting your house full of wasps.
When it comes down to me or them then there is no choice.

They have to go

P.S. If you have a man eating Lion, then you remove that Lion and

don't try
to kill all the Lions on the plain.

How do you use Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437 and still

not
have properly formatted messages. Do you deliberately delete the

and
and ... ?

I doubt if you will be able to persuade David to abide by the usual
rules of netiquette. Others have tried and failed, so you will just
have to struggle through his contributions, which are usually worth
reading, despite the missing context, snip marks and attributions.

Franz