Old 06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Betsy

Default Cherry trees losing leaves?

This happened to me last year and I thought I'd lost the trees, but they
came back healthy this year, and even had a few cherries for the first time!
BUT it is happening again this year, at least to one of the trees and it is
a real worry. I wonder if a tree can survive that kind of stress two years
in a row? It has been outrageously rainy here in Baltimore this year and
last, but the trees are on the uphill part of the lot, so I'm not sure that
explains it.

"toller" wrote in message
I have 3 good sized black cherry trees in my backyard. I just noticed

that
they have lost most of their leaves.
It has been unusually cold and wet this year and the yard is a bit swampy
(Rochester NY), maybe that is responsible? Or maybe they do it every

August
and I have just never noticed. (I have lots and lots of trees back there,

so
not noticing these would be easy enough)

Is this something to be concerned about? If so, is there anything to be
done?
Thanks.