Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 PM
datsy

Default aloe vera

A friend grows this plant and the pot is filled with it,with no spare
compost to be seen.I think that as the plant grows and expands,it will
support itself. regards Roy

The problem with my one is that the spikes come out vertically rather than
spreading out. The "stem" (for want of a better word) is only the thickness
of a finger.

I've got an aloe vera plant indoors - the type which has the spikes

growing
at 180 deg. rather than 90 deg. and the spikes are eventually flat

rather
than upright It had been leaning towards the light, I turned it round

and
it started growing back. But with a lot of new growth coming through, it

got
too top heavy and just flopped over today. It's only a hand's width to

the
growing tip but the new spikes are about 9" inches long. I've put a

stick
in
to support it but it looks a bit silly. Any ideas on how to support it

or
strengthen it?

Thanks!