Old 06-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Matthew Durkin

Default Gardena watering fertilizer dispenser???

Hi All,
I fitted a gardena automatic watering system to my small cottage carden
earlier this year. It has worked great, and saved me around an hour a day
watering. What I've noticed now though, is that because I haven't been
fertilizing anything, plants are looking a bit pale, so are loosing leaves.
So - I want to add some kind of automatic fertilizer dispensor to the
system. Gardena seem to sell one, but not as part of their drip-watering
system. Has anyone seen anything (or is using anything) like this with a
drip feed watering system? One thing I'm worried about is ensuring nothing
goes in with the water that could block the drippers and hence the flow of
water so I'm guessing it would almost certainly have to be a liquid
fertilizer system.

If anyone knows of anything let me know. The only thing I've seen so far is
one from an alternative brand product, that fits into the pressure
regulator. I'd prefer not to go that route as I already have a pressure
regulator, and I'm not sure what effect it would have on the system if I
relpaced it with an alternative brand one - I'm assuming the drippers are
designed to work at a specific pressure. Another brand may have a different
pressure.

So, in summary, if anyone knows of an add-on I could use, please let me
know!!

Thanks,
Matthew