Old 07-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Dan Hartung

Default lawn

SCR wrote:
I am starting a portion of my lawn over again. I have loosened up
the soil, fertilized, and seeded. I now have placed hay all over.
Is is necessary to continue to water when using hay? (so far no
results!)

A newly-seeded lawn shouldn't be "watered" (an inch a week) -- it should
be constantly moist. The first couple of weeks after seeding, you should
sprinkle it at *least* daily, preferably more. If the dirt looks dry,
it's too dry. If the dirt doesn't look dry, check with a knife; it might
still be too dry (crumbly).

When you see seedlings, you can back off gradually.