Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Chip's Mom

Default Groundhogs

we have groundhogs under our gazebo. How do we discourage them from
digging there. We have put rocks in their hole and they pull them out.

snip

.. How do we get rid of them???

I have used a product that is sold at farming supply places such as Southern
States. It is a poison smoke bomb. You light the fuse, then toss it in the
hole, then fill in the hole with dirt. It works great if you know where
they have their back door because you will also have to do the backdoor
hole.

A friend of mine insist they are easy to trap. And he insists that I trap
and release. My thought is that trapping and releasing only creates the
same problem for someone else.