Old 06-08-2004, 09:51 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default Pond plants taking over help

"rob.smith4" wrote in message
Hi my pond is not enormous and the lillys I have in the pond are huge,and
they are starting to take over,can these be cut back without killing them
all together,finding it more and more difficult to see my fish at all.

=======================================
You can't really cut them back or they suffer. Just remove the outer
yellowing leaves. I have the same problem in my ponds. The lilies get
HUGE! Last weekend we cleaned out my smaller 800 gal pond and I removed
about half the lilies to kiddy pools - to give away. I love that mini water
lily from Wal-Mart as it blooms constantly and is less than 2' across. It's
perhaps 18" across. My best bloomers, the yellow lilies, can spread to 6
and more feet across. I gave away a white lily a few years ago that just
about covered 1/2 the pond surface by itself.
--
Carol....
~~~~~~{@