Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Doug.

Default Wasps and Willow

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
news
My Willow tree is swarming with wasps. I can't really see why they're
there, and what they're doing. The willow is covered in black aphids

but
the wasps don't seem interested in them. The wasps just land on the
leaves, walk about a bit, then fly off. What's so attractive about

willow
for wasps?

*********
It could possibly be an under-cover investigation by those who have
aspirations to beat the Aussies this year and are checking out the wood,
grain quality and so on.
Please don't interfere with the activities of the bees. We need all the
help we can get.
Just think!, - it may end up with the queen bee getting a gong from the
other Queen. ( and I don't mean my friend Algernon Willie Augustus
Whifflesnook John!.)
Doug.

********