Old 07-08-2004, 04:19 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default How Do I Catch Babies?

Wow, Carol, if you're doing this, must mean you're feeling much better than
last summer, am I right? Seems to me last summer you were either not
feeling well or had hurt your leg or something.... can't remember as we
Rec.Ponders always seem to be rec'ing ourselves. Anyway, Kudos! )
~ jan

Since we clean our ponds out at least every other year (we skip once in
awhile) we remove the young fish then. We cleaned the smaller 800 gallon
pond last weekend and removed 1 small koi and sold 32 extra Shubunkins. The
rest went back into spanking clean pond. Tomorrow we tackle the 2000 gallon
pond. They're easy to catch when you drain the pond down. They'll stay in
150 gal kiddy pools until the pond is refilled - culls will go to a local
Fish store. It's also a perfect time to thin out and replant overgrown
plants.

Your fish will love the water change too! :-)

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~