Old 07-08-2004, 03:47 PM
datsy

Default aloe vera

Now this does actually make sense as it's in a north-facing bedroom.

Reason
for this? Because aloe vera gives off oxygen during the night -

apparantly
most plants do this during the day - so aloes are recommended as

bedroom
plants! I'm going to have to forego my oxygen to save my plant!

Buy a different plant "~)

Here's a book that lists various other options :
http://www.mower-magic.co.uk/amazon/...sin=184188121X

Yes, I've already got this book - it's very good.
Going back to my aloe vera - it looks nothing like the one in this book
which has broad "leaves" growing at 90 deg. to each other. Mine has very
thin spikes growing at 180 deg. It was labelled as an aloe vera! But

none of
the pictures I see ever resemble it!

Might it perhaps be an Agave ???

I've just done a Google image search on Aloe Vera and the images that came
up included varieties which had the broad leaves and ones with long spikes
at 90 deg. The image which seems to resemble mine is this one:
http://davarree.free.fr/Aloe.Vera.JPG

I've also had a look in the book mentioned above for other possibilities to
get oxygen at night in my north-facing bedroom - seems as though the snake
plant might be the one.