Old 07-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Phisherman

Default Clematis

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 08:21:23 -0400, "Gerry Leath"
wrote:

We planted a 'President' Clematis in late June. It is in full sun and has
gotten plenty of water. It seems to be dying from the top down. The top
has brown leaves and the next lower ones are turning brown. What am I doing
wrong or what should I be doing to save this plant. Thanks for any help.

Gail

Probably nothing. Mine look a bit ragged (brown leaves and vines)
too, but that's normal for them. It takes a year or two to become
established. Mulching with compost now will pay off next year. Be
careful when you prune, if not sure don't touch it.