Old 07-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Dougie Nisbet

Default Wasps and Willow

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:51:26 +0100, Doug. wrote:

It could possibly be an under-cover investigation by those who have
aspirations to beat the Aussies this year and are checking out the wood,
grain quality and so on.

Well they're doomed for disappointment then. My favourite passtime at the
moment is to snip of aphid infested willow stems then go and submerge them
in the pond, watching and waiting until the aphids let go and float to the
surface, where they are immediately chomped by a passing fish. Saves on
the fish food anyway. I'm currently trying to think how I could wash the
aphids of the willow (or any other shrub) and collect the soup for pouring
into the pond.