Old 07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Sacha

Default Can someone identify this please?

On 7/8/04 3:46 pm, in article ,
"curiosity" [email protected] wrote:

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:51:53 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

snip

Hi Curiosity,
It looks very like a Pittosporum to me, possibly tenuifolium sp.
I don't know the ideal pruning time, sorry. It does have *tiny* flowers,
but they're not really showy in most Pittosporums. (P. tobira has good,
scented flowers, but is borderline hardy).
Perhaps someone else know when to prune Pittosporum?
Spider

many thanks Spider, I think you've got it. Oddly enough I had a pittosporum
in
my last garden and now you mention it there is a striking family resemblance.
That was variegated and much smaller leaf but the same hearty untroubled
(slightly boring) plant.

Careful. That leaf looks much too big to be a Pittosporum - Magnolia is
more likely, even if not certain. Do leave it one full year before doing
any attacking.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk