Old 08-08-2004, 03:03 AM
madgardener

Default henry Lauder

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect." Chief Seattle
"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

"Judy Cosler" wrote in message
the leaves on my Henry Lauder's Walking Stick look like lace! what
has been eating them & what should i do???
TIA, Judy

Could be any number of things. Elm leaf beetles are fond of filberts as

are
root weevils and a number of other chewing insects. You can try

insecticidal
soap, but the damage is merely cosmetic and I'd be tempted to ignore it
unless the shrub is at risk of defoliation.

pam - gardengal

could also be Japanese beetles, Pam.....I know that they laced my Diane

witch hazel totally, and then when I checked the trees in the woods room, my
Harry Lauder's was laced up too......Voracious little buggers. Luckily your
right, the leaves will regrow before fall sets in.
madgardener