Old 08-08-2004, 04:38 AM
Vox Humana

Default Lights for indoor plants?

"Bill" wrote in message
news:PCfRc.265681$XM6.152859@attbi_s53...

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Popcorn Lover" wrote in message
3...
I have a gloxinia, a hydrangea and a few other indoor plants on a plant

shelf
in the living room. I've been using a fixture with dual 40 watt
Gro-lights
over them for years now, but it's not real great for getting some of

the
plants that require more full sun, to bloom.

What other kinds of lights are available, that won't bust the budget or

use
massive amounts of energy, but will simulate direct bright sunlight

better?

I have read that Gro-Lights aren't any better than standard fluorescent
bulbs.

Wow, you're a regular spring of misinformation, aren't you!

Wow, why don't you tell me how much better the grow lights are than standard
fluorescent bulbs? While you are at it, why don't you compare the
gro-lights to the high output fluorescent lights and metal halide lights
that I suggested the OP consider?