Old 07-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Pinkpggy

Default need help with algae in pond

Your main problem is you keep emptying the pond. Each time you empty it, it
has to cycle all over again. Are you using any type of bacteria in your pond?
I myself like PondZyme. There are lots of them out there, so check them out.
Do you have plants in your pond? If you don't I would suggest some plants. At
least one lily, and a couple of other plants and some floating plants also.
The more plants you have, the less alage you get. You need some alage, to help
balance out the pond though. The fish eat the fuzzy stuff that grows on the
sides. Thats good alage. Be patient, and one day you will go out and your
pond will be clear. Keep telling yourself, green is a pretty color. LOL Don't
be harsh on yourself, all first time ponders do exactly what you are doing.
Believe me, I think my hubby and I have made every mistake in the book.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html