Old 08-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Pinkpggy

Default need help with algae in pond

Chemicals
don't work, except to give you clear water for a party, but then it will
return within a few days.

I will tell you something we did when we first started a pond 3 years ago. It
was one of the dumbest things we ever did. We used every chemical out there,
or just about anyway. Our lilies didn't bloom, the pads were small, and
believe it or not, we even killed the micro cattails, which are really hard to
kill. Its a wonder our fish survived. But once we quit worrying about green
water, and how much alage there was, and we let "mother nature" do her thing,
our pond flourished. Its hard sometimes to wait, especially if people are
coming over to see your beautiful pond and the water is pea green, and the fish
are barely visable. But waiting is a must. And one day it really will be a
beautiful pond and you can have people over to see it. And then the compliments
start coming in. and you can sit back and sigh and say, we did it. LOL
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html