Old 08-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Dave Poole

Default Can someone identify this please?

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:59:27 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

And to top my own post, I'm guessing a Magonolia stellata.

You are absolutely right Sacha - I've just had a look and it is not a
Pittosporum or anything remotely related It could easily be a hybrid
M. stellata and M. kobus as well (Magnolia x loebneri). The plant
looks as though it might have been quite heavily pruned in the past
year or so - if not it is M. stellata looking just a bit chunky and
utterly happy, if it has it is probably the larger growing M. x
loebneri and still obviously very happy.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November