Old 05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
The Cook

Default Beetles on my tomato Plants

"Anna" wrote:

They are about 1/3 to 1/2 inch long and have wings. When they fly, it looks
more like fluttering rather than flying like other flying insects. They
don't hop. They hang onto the plant rather strongly. Shaking the plant
doesn't cause them to turn loose. They are black all over with no other
coloring. Hard and shiny.
As I said they are on the on tomato plant.
Anna

What kind of damage are they doing to the tomatoes. Several of the
beetles I found the Rodel insect book were beneficial, ie ate other
insects.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.