Old 02-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Ka30P

Default Month old Pond Progress

These are some of the problems that can be had with ponds
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasi...ht_giardia.htm
and
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi...mers_itch.html

But I don't think that is your problem.... unless
you get a lot of runoff from your lawn into your pond.

My dogs, who tend to be very lazy, will drink out of fresh, cold water in the
house rather than make the trek all the way down the stairs out to the pond.
Even though the pond tastes wonderful with that lovely bouquet of fishy poo.
I'd provide water inside the house and keep her from drinking in the pond for a
couple days. Then if she drinks from the pond again and gets sick you've
probably got a problem.

Usually vets will have a fit if they know your dog is drinking from the pond
but on rec.ponds we've only heard of one dog suspected of getting giardia,
suspected, from a pond.

kathy :-)
algae primer