Old 08-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Gardena watering fertilizer dispenser???

"Matthew Durkin" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:53:49 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 09:10:51 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

That's not really my point! I can, and I have done and I

enjoy
doing
this,
but it would be better if the plants received a constant

supply.

I have never seen any experimental evidence in favour of your
point.
Have you?
Practically all agriculture and horticulture are based on

applying
fertilisers once or twice per year.

Except hydroponics http://www.growell.co.uk/

I will settle for 95 to 5

Can I interest you in ...

http://www.growell.co.uk/p/2153/Pest_Off.html

Thought not :-)

--
Martin

OK! I can take a hint. I've watered the whole garden with fertilizer

and
didn't finish my raised bed :O)

Never mind. You'll finish it some time. {:-))
By the way, using Growmore granules is cheaper than using many of the
liquid fetilisers. It is quicker to apply and the effects last a
little longer than liquid fertilisers which are washed out of the soil
by the first serious rain.

I'll do it tomorrow - it's taking ages anyway. bricks and mortar is

much
harder work than I ever imagined. A cement mixer would help of

course!!

Anyway - I do have a question about fertilizing - I always though

(perhaps
incorrectly), that plants such as tomatoes, courgettes etc benefit

from
being fed more often when fruiting?

Franz

Matt