Old 08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
escapee

Default Looking for frog eggs for pond

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:24:11 -0500, Katra opined:

In article ,
escapee wrote:

I have no less than a hundred toads this year. They are all rather large
(bigger
than a half dollar coin) in size, so a lot of the babies survived. I suspect
we'll have a lot of toads next spring.

Sounds neat!
We have a few, I imagine that if I did build a pond, they would probably
use it to lay eggs.

I do seem to have a breeding population of 3 different types of lizards,
as I see lots of babies this year.

K.

Oh, lizards are so plentiful here I can hardly take a step without seeing a
bunch scattering around. We have skinks, anoles, fence lizards, and I have seen
a horny toad, which brought tears to my eyes! Also, we have the Mediterranean
gecko all over the limestone which covers our home. I suspect they live in the
attic, which is find, as long as they don't get hurt by anything up there. I do
have cellulose insulation, not fiberglass, so they should be okay.