Old 08-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Bob H

Default Bougainvillea Leaves Yellow and Drop

First season with a nice approx 3' tall Bougainvillea, full sun outside =
in a 17" pot.

Has developed nice blooms and looks pretty healthy, BUT ... every day =
now I'm picking off half a dozen or so "yellowed" leaves, and also =
finding some just laying on the ground at the base of the plant. They =
come right off with no resistance.

What's the cause of this?

I'm watering daily (or it wilts) and fertilize with Jack's Classic =
20-20-20 every other week. I also have quite a bit of new branching =
growth and small leaves developing, so could this just be natural old =
growth dying off?

Bob
Zone 4 MN