Old 03-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] oiling mica pots

I have used Armorall on ceramic pots, both glazed and unglazed, instead of
oil in the past. It does work well to clean the pot up, and it looks pretty
much the same as if it were oiled. The drawback that I noticed is that in
the weeks and months subsequent to using Armorall on the pots they tended to
become extremely water-spotted -- white mineral type water spots all over
the surface. These were pots that hadn't had a spotting problem previous to
the Armorall application.

The pots I used the Armorall on ended up looking pretty bad, and the only
way to get rid of the water spots was to either reapply Armorall, which
would start the cycle all over again, or apply oil, which seems to last
longer and doesn't cause more water spotting.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)