Old 03-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Charles

Default azponds ?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:31:51 GMT, Grumpy wrote:

I talked to them today, no problem what so ever. I'm trying to give
local shops my business, but their prices make it hard, even with
shipping. So far I'm saving at least a couple hundred dollars with just
the pump and liner, I haven't priced filters yet. I'm still trying to
understand what the best method is. Problem is, I've talked to 10
different people, and gotten 10 different filtration methods including
no filter at all. So I'm still on the hunt. Here is the "hole" I have so
far:
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I'll take any recommendations. I will have koi. Thanks
p.s. I'm saving over 1,000 dollars compared to one of the shops, pays to
shop around!

Your setup looks really nice. What I know about Koi filters is "use
lots of filtration."

From the picture it's not clear how sturdy the cement blocks are.
They won't shift over time, will they? the wooden fence shouldn't be
counted on for support, I think.

Someone else mentioned Cal-pumps. the water garden place I frequent
has stopped carrying them, too much bother. He is a strong believer
in Pond master. The PM pumps I've used work well.

I don't mean to be negative about what you are doing, I worked as a
technician most of my life and my tendency is to look for things that
might go wrong and try to see what can be done to prevent problems.
I caused a lot of people a lot of grief along the way.

:-)

--

- Charles
-