Old 08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Russell

Default Looking for frog eggs for pond

Right now we have toads and tadpoles, I have no idea how many tadpoles of
those we have. The water looks like it's moving by itsel, there are so many
in there. But i wanted some frogs too. No idea what type of eggs I found,
the ones I purchased were "tiger frogs" he said, but these tadpoles were
bigger the the toads ever get to in size as tadpoles.

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
escapee wrote:

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:24:11 -0500, Katra
opined:

In article ,
escapee wrote:

I have no less than a hundred toads this year. They are all rather

large
(bigger
than a half dollar coin) in size, so a lot of the babies survived. I
suspect
we'll have a lot of toads next spring.

Sounds neat!
We have a few, I imagine that if I did build a pond, they would

probably
use it to lay eggs.

I do seem to have a breeding population of 3 different types of

lizards,
as I see lots of babies this year.

K.

Oh, lizards are so plentiful here I can hardly take a step without

seeing a
bunch scattering around. We have skinks, anoles, fence lizards, and I

have
seen
a horny toad, which brought tears to my eyes!

Now _that_ is cool! Horned lizards are an endangered species in Texas
thanks to fire ants!

I also have lots of anoles, western fence lizards and of course geckos
by the dozens! Those breed in my attic. We find eggs around the edges up
there. They are most welcome!

I saw my first skink last year and hope to see more.

Also, we have the
Mediterranean
gecko all over the limestone which covers our home. I suspect they live

in
the
attic, which is find, as long as they don't get hurt by anything up

there. I
do
have cellulose insulation, not fiberglass, so they should be okay.

Ooh, see above. G I typed that before I read this part! lol

K.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...