Old 03-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] oiling mica pots

Alan Walker wrote:

I think northern squirrels must be much better behaved than
southern squirrels. I have several huge oaks and pecan trees.
Lots of fat squirrels, but they still like to mess with my bonsai
from time to time, especially right before a show!
Alan Walker

You southern guys must be living in the wrong part of the country with the wrong
species of oak. Oaks I have here are white oak (quercus alba), northern red oak
(quercus rubra), chestnut oak (quercus prinus)--a really big one down the street.
Real estate prices are skyrocketing, so come on up!

Could it be the species of squirrel too? Up here you see almost exclusively what
we call the gray squirrel with the occasional flying squirrel. I don't know if
it's true, but I seem to remember that down south the red squirrel is more
prevalent, and for some reason I recall that they're more mischievous than the gray
squirrel. I don't know what to say about Dale's situation, though. He's in the
midwest. I'm in the midwest too, by the way--the midwest starts on the west bank
of the Hudson.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++